Scholarship Application Instructions
Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz has established a scholarship program for senior students enrolled in music in an El Paso County high school. All applicants must follow these conditions to be eligible:
- Must be enrolled in the school music program in an El Paso County High School.
- Participate in the Jazz Party Master Class. This year, 2019, the class is held on Saturday, October 12, 2019 from 9:30-11:30. This is a free class where student participants have the opportunity to perform for and receive instruction from world class professional Jazz Party musicians. Register by completing the form above.
- Download Application
- Complete and return the application by December 31, 2019.
- Provide a written recommendation from a music director or teacher that has been closely involved with developing your musical skills as part of the application.
- Submit a video of your performance via YouTube by December 31, 2019. This will be used by the committee reviewing your application.
- Provide a copy of your high school curriculum and grades.
- Submit a 200 to 300 word essay about why you are pursuing music.
- Submit a copy of your letter of intent to the college you intend to apply for admission.
- Note: A letter of acceptance from the college/university will be required prior to payment.
- The application, recommendations and video will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee
Mail all documents in one package to:
Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz
P.O. Box 2257
Colorado Springs, CO 80901
Colorado Springs Jazz Society is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization operating as Friends of Colorado Springs Jazz. Our Mission is to promote, inform and grow Classic Jazz throughout the community. Call Jean at 719-471-3124 or send an e-mail to: email@example.com.